Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Coffee Cake!


I'm excited to announce that I have been posting recipes on my blog for one year ! Last June, I started What's Cookin'? in Victoria's Kitchen. I can't believe it has been a year already! My blog is very important to me, so I thank all who have visited my website! For the month of June, I'm posting a coffee cake recipe. I adapted the recipe from a crumble cupcake. This cake is absolutely delicious! It was gone in less than 24 hours at my house. It's great to prepare this moist cake if you have company coming over, or as a gift for a friend or neighbor. Once again, I thank everyone who has taken their time to view my website, even if only for a few seconds. I hope you enjoy! 

For the Cake....
-1 cup of all-purpose flour
-1/2 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1/2 cup of granulated sugar
-4 tbsp. of unsalted butter at room temperature
-1 large egg
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1/2 cup of buttermilk

For the Topping...
-1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup of light brown sugar
-1 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
-1/4 tsp. salt
-3/4 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature 




***Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit




In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.




In another bowl, beat the granulated sugar and butter together.

Add the egg and vanilla;beat until combined.


                          
                      Add the buttermilk in three additions, alternating with the flour mixture in two additions.









Fill the prepared loaf pan.


Cut up the butter for the topping.


Combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. 


Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until large moist crumbs form.



Top the pan with crumb topping



Bake for about twenty minutes. If you notice that the edges are burning, but the middle isn't cooked, like this....


Just top the pan with tinfoil and place back in the oven until the loaf is fully cooked,



Have cake with your morning coffee. :)











Enjoy!!!!!!! :DDDD




No comments:

Post a Comment